Monday, March 31, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day, and I'm being sentimental.

Jason asked me why I'm afraid of the dentist.

I don't know why. I just feel like I'm going to die when I go to the dentist. I know it's totally irrational.

The TV convinced me that not going to the dentist is going to kill me, though, and that's why I'm going. That's a terrible reason. Those damn commercials have me convinced that I'm getting heart disease and diabetes from not seeing a dentist.

Now they have to kill one of my teeth. Fill it up with rubber. Boooo.

...

I've decided to write a letter every week. That's what I'm shooting for, anyway. Lately I keep thinking about thanking people for this and that and wanting to tell people how they've made a difference, and it's hard to do that. It is. It's hard to do without being drunk, anyway. I'm going to do it. It scares me that I could spend so much time thinking about people and they might have no idea. I know I'm not the best with birthdays and thank yous when it is polite and appropriate to remember those things, but hopefully my surprise thank yous can make up for it a little.

No comments: