Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Skin experiment

So the olive oil obviously isn't doing the trick. I tried it for a month, I think that's fair, and my skin still sucks just as much, if not more than it did before. I keep having thoughts about how God is punishing me for being vain, for all the times I have said, "Thank God I have flawless skin!" and other really lame things. It dawned on me that ever since I have started "taking care" of my skin, it has gotten...progressively worse? ... Anyway, it was perfect back in the days when I never EVER washed my face or moisturized or anything.

I've decided I'm going back to that. I'm going to do nothing to my skin. At least, on my face.

At the same time, I will be drinking more water.

So I'll let you know how the "do nothing" approach goes. I bet it's going to be awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to go here but you are a bit like me in so many ways. I have never used anything expensive on my skin. I lotion my legs and stuff but never my face as I break out every time...Even at 73. Every once in a while I get this brain storm to use a free sample on my face and wham there are either white heads or a zit. I use whitch Hazel or Neutrogena deep clean dual action toner from Walgreens on my face at night..
Now your skin looks completely different than mine but still you may not need the moisture. Give it a try...USE NOTHING !!! It isn't going to age you in a few months you know ???

GG

Anonymous said...

so i think i told you that my coworker who also went down the rosacea road and got that antibiotic cocktail which whipped it out for her - well, she recommended a moisterizer for me (because my whole face would peel off if i didn't use one!) -- and she recommended cetaphil - i just got some the other day - it's nice - no tingling/stinging/reddening/etc. it's good for me -- her dermatologist recommended it for her. i got it at walgreens and it's cheap in comparison with the $60 for 1.7 ounces of dr. weil's face cream that i recently used. (did i *really* pay that much for it!?!!? i'm so crazy!!! -- this is one of the times where my memory has actively forgotten my insane choice. i *never* pay that much for *anything!* (not clothes, not shoes, not food, not products...) i guess i was desperate for anything that would work (well, it was a fine moisterizer -- but i'll go with $7.00 over $60.00 any day -- and the cetaphil is really working out for me too))
well, i just wanted to pass that on to you because moisterizing might be good -- good luck!!!!
kersten

Anonymous said...

did i just say "whipped it out"? -- how about "wiped it out" -- (although whipping it out could be interesting....)