Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jogging woes

You're not getting sick of hearing about this, ARE YOU? ARE YOU, 10-15 people who visit this site every day? Heehee...

Okay, so I have to complain a little. First of all, I feel like my lungs are the lungs of a wee baby because I'm really not kidding when I say that I've been pretty sedentary my whole life, aside from long but leisurely walks that don't require heavy breathing. So I get winded very quickly. Four minutes is really hard to do. Today I was able to do the first four minutes and then the second two sets I quit and started up a couple of times.

My chest hurts right up at the tip-top. Tracheal pain. It's kind of...burning...when I am about 1/2 through my jog. I think it's because of the cold air. It sucks. There, I said it.

The other thing is that during the last few minutes my inner EARS start to ache. It sort of feels like cold and burning at the same time. Could this be cold air related too? WHAT IS IT? I need answers, internet! It seems like a lot of people have had this question, but there aren't any answers. It's the same thing every time, they asked their doctor and the doctor looked at them like they were from Mars.

I hope that by the end of this week this routine is easy enough for me to move on to the next level. Right now it sucks and it's hard. Boooo! Okay. I will say that yesterday somewhere in the middle of my jog, I suddenly didn't feel exhausted anymore and felt like a champion. Go ahead, laugh. But, eight minutes later, the chest pain, the ear pain.

Okay, okay, I will stop talking about this. No, I won't. I will continue to publish my observations as I go along, but I promise I will also write about other more interesting things.

2 comments:

Makalah said...

Are you doing a certain routine or plan for your jogging? I've seen the Couch to 5k Running Plan here:http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and thought that would be a good way for me to ease into it (haha I've had that site bookmarked for over a year...who am I kidding about easing into it?) and stick with it. :\

Anonymous said...

Leta, you better get better quick.... Your birthday is coming up soon and you just have to be up for your 4th birthday ! GG sent you something special for just us girls....!!! When I come up there in May we can do our makeup !!!!