Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Winding Down

Sometimes I think it helps to number things when I'm writing. Especially when there is more than one thing I want to talk about. *rimshot*

So, without further ado, here is the January 29th edition of "tidbits".

1. Cullen was crabby tonight and went to bed at 7. I wonder if he is down for the night or if he'll wake at 9 wanting to hang out. Eventually I'd like to be putting him to bed before the girls, but I figured that was far into the future, since he's been going to bed around 9:30 lately.

2. The girls just went to bed and are still up talking. I don't really care as long as they aren't laughing. Please god, not the sound of children laughing! It's KILLING ME!

3. I've been having sort of an existential crisis lately (lately? really?) and so much of my day is spent thinking in the form of extremely loud, obnoxious internal monologue. "You see, I think the reason I'm this way is... It all started when... At some point I decided... I feel paralyzed with indecision... I always wanted to paint and write, I just didn't know children would be involved... I have recurrent obsessions but they are so fleeting that... How can I turn them into something good..." Well folks, I decided that I would turn my flavor of the day obsessions into paintings.

Yes.

So, straightaway I came home to start on what will be a series of medical paintings. There is so much fodder for this in my books... Also, Madison is so saturated with that whole field, there might be a decent market for them...who knows? I made Jason listen to me yammer about this because I always have to listen to him talk about photography. ;)

4. I have a short attention span so I will have to really crank these out fast if I want to do a series.

5. But for now I'm just going to drink this wine and waste time here.

No comments: