Sunday, February 18, 2007

message to self.

this morning I had a dream that I think is important.

An art dealer was sitting at my table. On the table and all around were my paintings. The paintings I have done in real life. She had shoulder length brunette hair and was looking over everything and drinking a cup of coffee.

She sat in her chair, took a sip, and then leaned in thoughtfully.

"We are really excited about showcasing your work. These paintings will do nicely. What we are the MOST excited about, though, is THIS PIECE," She was looking straight into my eyes and holding up the front page of some sort of newspaper. She had her finger on a newspaper quality picture of a painting of an old man's face.

"ahh, yes, that..." I said, silently fretting because I realized I did not paint that picture. Her eyes said, urgently, GET ME THIS PIECE, AND YOU'LL SEE...

I thought about it this morning and realized that it was a painting based on one of Jason's photographs of his grandpa, and that my dream was clearly telling me that I have to paint this picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Paint it.