Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'll eat my words now.

I should never have endoursed a company before I tried their product.

I ordered a few items from American Apparel. I got a series of confusing, sloppy, misspelled confirmation emails from them.

Yesterday I recieved my package, plastic bag style. I am not impressed with the quality at all. The ladies underwear looks okay. The mens boxer briefs look a bit sloppy. The mens T-shirt looks good, but this "dress"...Oh my. It is two pieces of tshirt material sewn together on the sides and top but the sleeves, the neck, the bottom...it just looks like some crap *I* tried to make.

My friend ordered a few things as well and never even got an email confirming that they sent anything. It just showed up.

I guess what I'm saying is... I won't be shopping there again, unless for some reason Jason thinks his new underwear is the creme de la creme, but I'm telling you, it's not going to measure up to those GAP underwear. Those 5 year olds in Malaysia can sure sew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on the fence on the American Apparel stuff. The man was under-whelmed with his underwear, but one of my bras was quite fetching. The other one was hilariously badly made. I actually had to take a scissors to it in two places and restitch two seams that those good-for-nothing child laborers flipped as they were sewing them closed. It's so hard to find good help these days.

So, the Gap has good undies?

~K

ANGIE said...

i followed you link!!! i have to say, i have no experience with AA's mail ordering, but i absolutly love the shirts i have gotten from them at their stores. I belive the closest one is one in Wicker Park down in chicago. and my friend Jenna swears by their thigh-hi tube socks, but she is one of those tall people.