Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Okay, okay...

I'll make a real post.

Or maybe a list. Yeah, let's not get too crazy.

Noteworthy things from recent weeks
-We sold the Corolla and now the majority of the time I am without car, as Jason takes The Family Car to work. I'm not complaining but let's just say I look forward to packing up the kids to go somewhere. Or, I look forward to decent weather so we can walk to the neighborhood park for kids who are a lot older than mine, shady types and litterers.

-Mina has gone to Occupational Therapy twice, which I think is proving to be the most beneficial thing yet since dietary modification.

-Tomorrow Mina goes to the Speech Therapist and I have no idea if it will "help" or not. She can enunciate her words just fine.

-I have two canker sores in my mouth that make life miserable.

-Leta loves Caillou and gets mad if Jason changes the channel. She gets this broken hearted look and squeeks, "I ANT AILLOU!" and Jason just can't say no.

-Jason is practicing his drums a lot. Hours and hours a day it seems. He's going to hurt himself. No one seems to mind.

-I started two new paintings and finished one of them. I'd really like to frame everything. Maybe that's something we could do like...one per month or something.

-I spilled tomato sauce the other day and was forced to clean under/behind the fridge. It was scary. It's a good thing Jason was there to help.

There! Wow, that was a lot! And wasn't it interesting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you find time/space to paint? wow.... my little guy likes to help too much to let me get anything artistic/real/cool done.... (i hope you'll post pix of the painting/s somewhere - i told you i stalk you for your art :) )
kersten

Hilary said...

I'm a speed painter so I do it in fast spurts. During breakfast, naps, evenings, or when I just can't stand it. If I don't finish I still hang it on the wall to dry, and then I get angry looking at it and will stop at nothing to fix it. I make it sound like I am constantly painting, when the fact is I am only really inspired/productive a few times per year.