Sunday, April 17, 2005

All play and no work...

Oh come on, it's all work.

Yesterday while the girls napped I went to Cafe Zoma, where I sat outside sketching with a girl from my chemistry class. The gallery next door to Cafe Zoma is really cool. My friend talked to them about displaying her artwork. Apparently they buy the stuff and then mark it up. I was really inspired looking at the different things they have in there, and a lot of it was quite reasonable. I think it would be a good place to go for gifts. It made me think that I should really get going on some new projects and talk to different galleries. I kind of want to do some crazy furniture projects... Speaking of which, I passed by a great rummage sale today. I kind of want to go back there and see what I can find. I think they've been selling stuff all week...crappy $5 wooden furniture, just perfect for painting, pasting stuff on, writing on...etc.

We went to the zoo today with my friend Jana and her son...it was so exhausting, constantly rounding up the children! But, I think it was really fun for them. They have fun anywhere, though. They have fun in the grass. It's a beautiful day, a great day to be in Madison, amidst the lakes. Everyone is out walking, running, rollerblading, kayaking... I came home to find my dear husband still in his pajamas, reading on the couch. "six months out of the year we HAVE to stay inside..." He just wants to sit around and read so I guess I'll just continue making plans with other people.

Ah, this week I posed with a phone for Jana to photograph for the flier she needed for the business she and her husband are starting. Parisian runways, here I come!

Now, I think I will either open the windows and start cleaning them ( like I said I was going to do last week or the week before) OR I could take a nap...hmmm, nap or clean...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Where is Cafe Zoma?

Hilary said...

It's on Atwood. They have a nice outside space in the back, with plants, trees, grass, and neighborhood cats...overlooking the community gardens