Tuesday, March 29, 2005

No more babies!

My baby girl is one year old already...she still seems like a baby to me, maybe because she is still crawling. She stands alone though so if I recall correctly, the whole walking alone thing should be right behind that. Leta's personality is really becoming apparent. She loves to chatter and she makes faces that give me huge belly laughs...she's a little comedian, that one. She has big, funny teeth and big, chubby hands. Leta is scared of strangers, dogs and baths. She hates taking a bath but hopefully some of her new bath toys will help. Leta is patient when Mina demands so much attention...I want desperately to give them both 100% of my attention, and yet lately I feel so overwhelmed I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry. I think it's the hormones from weaning Leta off of the breast. My body has been THEIRS for over three years...

"Girls, do me a favor and clean the house while I go to the spa. Thanks."

Woops, this entry was supposed to be all about Leta. When Leta was born I was such a wreck. She was losing weight and had jaundice. I sat with her in the sunny windows and cried. I was terribly upset that she wasn't thriving. And Mina was so sick too...we did so much laundry that week! Mina cried when I nursed Leta...

I would make this longer, but I don't want to lose it and blogger has been misbehaving lately. Time to go make tea and clean up anyway...

No comments: