Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Three Crazy Years...

Three years ago today, Jason and I closed our eyes, held our breaths and jumped blindly into the abyss of holy matrimony...armed with love, hope, determination, and a little bit of YEEEE-HAW!...so far I think we've beaten the odds. We knew, three years ago, that we were in love with each other. We were in love with the family we were making. We were at a point where the pure, raw, naked truth of it all was not only appealing but breathtaking. Life's imperfections would be handled with love, as a team.

In the last three years we had our first child, changed jobs, moved to a new town, a new apartment, sold a house, had a second child... We've gained weight and lost weight, suffered illnesses, brought children to the E.R., taken classes, made countless decisions together about how to manage our family, our finances, our futures...

We've bickered and discussed and yelled and laughed and cried together, we've had hard times and ugly times and we just keep learning...because if you want, you can get something wonderful out of everything. That's what we do, that's what we'll keep doing.

When Jason comes home from work, I feel relieved...every day. A hug from Jason is a sure cure for any horrible, stressed out, depressive state I manage to work myself into. He relaxes me. I think I couldn't possibly love him more, and then I see him snuggling on the couch with Mina or teaching Leta to walk...

Here's to you, Jason, my best friend. I love you.

6 comments:

yer mom said...

i'm in tears.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. You were meant for each other.Happy anniversary and to many many more!
-J

hadjare said...

All that in only three years? Geez, I am looking forward to reading the 6 year report.

Congratulations though!

caroks from livejournal said...

happy anniversary!! and many more!!you have quite the way with words :) take care!! <3 me

Makalah said...

aww, this is such a beautiful and inspirational entry!

congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW !!! That was beautiful.. I think you guys have a chance of making 50 years. Keep it up and never let those thoughts go..
I hope you were good and didn't open my card until yesterday like I wrote on the front... Sure Grandma...!!!
Love You,
GG