Thursday, February 24, 2005

First, Something REALLY Big...

This morning the girls and I were in their bedroom...I was putting clothes away, and they were running/crawling around in their usual excited state. Then, I turned around to look at them and witnessed a miracle. I saw Mina crawl on top of Leta and was getting ready to do some scolding, but Leta was chuckling, and Mina layed her head down on Leta's back and said, (ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?) "I love you, Tee-ta."

Oh. My. God. Talk about pulling the old heartstrings. I just couldn't believe it. It was totally unprovoked.

Now, something big but not as big as the last big thing: Yesterday I applied for nursing school for the spring semester of 2006. That's just a year away! I'm on my way to becoming a WAGE EARNER. That's right, folks. Three or four years from now, we could be a TWO INCOME FAMILY, the kind that can almost afford a house! For now, I'm just excited about school. My chemistry class is three times per week and I must say, I really get a lot out of that time away from my wonderful, precious girls. Yes, going to a CHEMISTRY class is a lovely break for me. After class, of course, I can't wait to see them and chat with Jana.

My point, I guess, is that right now I'm really happy with being a "SAHM" and a student. I have to say that again, because I think it's pretty rare that anyone is ever happy Right Now. I feel balanced...and I must enjoy these moments. It could be the cold medicine I'm taking, but I like to think that things are really that warm and fuzzy in my life...

1 comment:

hadjare said...

OH that's adorable. You can say you were there to see the first time Mina publicly accepted Leta has her sister.