Friday, January 28, 2005

There's an oily rag stuck in my lung

No pictures today, because once again, we are all ill. I am hoping that after this bout, we will have fulfilled our seasonal obligations to the cold and flu gods.

I've nearly lost my voice from being on the phone with insurance people and the mechanic. Basically, the mechanic didn't follow procedure and is trying to cover his tracks, but in the process trying to bill me for the $450 in repairs that the insurance company never approved. Again and again it's been, "well we'll cover _x_ amount, does that sound better?" and again and again I have said, "this is not my fault, this is not my problem. Talk to eachother and make it go away." Finally Dale Monday told me to send him the bill and he'll just pay it. I said, "well, you shouldn't have to do that, but thank you, thank you very much." Anyway...nice guy. So, mom, if you're reading, and you happen to talk to him for some reason, be sure and mention the nice thing he did.

We're out of food. It's cold and I don't feel good and after searching the pantry, it's going to be beans tonight. Yeah, the kind you have to soak for 8 hours and cook for 1.5 hours. They are even generic, off-brand beans. We should pretend we live by the railroad tracks in a tin shack. Isn't life swell?

Tra la la...

No comments: